2019’s Most Innovative Renovation Trends
September 10, 2019
Renovating your home is a great investment for both the present and the future, but not all home improvement projects are created equal—some are much better investments than others. If you’re not sure which projects are a good idea and which may not be worth your time, then keep reading. This post will give you a few home improvement ideas in Phoenix, AZ that are most definitely worth the money, time and effort:
- Dedicated laundry rooms: A small closet with a washer and dryer does the trick to clean your clothes, but that’s not where the market is heading. Instead, homeowners are knocking down walls to create new rooms dedicated to washing, drying, ironing and folding all of their laundry. If you don’t want to get your hands dirty with making a new room, you could always turn an existing extra bedroom into a laundry room. Just talk to your contractor to ensure you have all the proper hookups for your new laundry machines.
- Bigger and better kitchens: Even if you’re not a culinary wizard, you undoubtedly spend a lot of time in your kitchen. Since that’s the case, many homeowners like you are upgrading their kitchens with larger appliances, double sinks, ample counter space and more storage options. Hop aboard this trend and you can see a significant increase in your home’s resale value while making your life a whole lot easier!
- Energy tracking devices: These days, we’re all trying to save money where we can. The best place to start is often on your energy bills. Though ensuring that all the lights are off before you leave the house is the best place to start, you can go a step further by installing energy tracking devices that monitor all of your electricity use. There are trackers for individual devices as well as whole-home trackers that can give you energy use data for each minute of the day.
- Maintenance-free siding: Cleaning siding isn’t much fun, but it’s a necessary task unless you want mold, mildew and other grime accumulating on your home. That is, unless you opt for fiber cement siding that requires little to no upkeep! This new type of siding is basically maintenance-free, and it looks great on any home.
- Ample storage: Built-in storage under stairs, above doors and even underneath floors is all the rage these days. Built-ins add style and functionality to your home that make your house less cluttered while improving its appearance. Talk to your contractor today to learn more about your built-in storage options!
- Home offices: Thanks to messaging apps like Slack and video conferencing programs like Skype, many office workers across the country don’t have to make the arduous commute into the office anymore. That said, anyone working from the comfort of their own home shouldn’t have to do so from the couch or dining room table! Instead, they should have a dedicated home office to work in. A home office serves as a quiet base where workers can take care of daily tasks, all while adding tons of value to their home.
Want some more home improvement ideas in Phoenix, AZ? Then pick up the phone and give Renovations by Design a call! On top of teaching you more about home improvement, our team of experts can help turn your ideas into a reality.
Categorised in: Home Renovations