We believe your yard should be thought of as an extension of your indoor living space. You should love spending as much time inside as you do outside, and your yard should look just as good as the inside of your home. For that dream to become a reality, though, you’ll probably need to have hardscape designers in Phoenix, AZ make some changes to your property. Continue reading to learn a few of the things you’ll need to consider before beginning the whole process of redesigning your yard:
- Sunlight and climate: It’s no surprise that we get a whole lot of sunlight and not a ton of rain here in Phoenix. That’s a major concern for anyone planning on redoing their lawn! Be sure, if you’re planting trees, shrubs or flowers, that they can handle all of the sunlight. If your plants will require a ton of water, be sure to install a sprinkler system so they won’t have to rely on rainwater alone.
- Uses: Who will be using your yard, and what will they be using it for? Will your kids be running around and playing, or is it going to be strictly a space for you to relax and read a book by the pool? We’ll want to know this before getting to work on your backyard. Its intended use is crucial in determining how we design your space.
- Themes: Just like the rooms inside your home, your yard should have a cohesive theme (or possibly multiple themes if it’s a large yard). Having a cohesive theme makes your yard look a lot better and can make your backyard a more functional space. The best part is that creating a theme doesn’t take a lot of time or any hard work. Just point us in the right direction, and we can come up with the perfect space for you.
- Plants and flowers: Are you adding plants and flowers to your yard? If so, don’t just go to the nursery and pick out plants on a whim! Give some thought to the types of plants that’ll look nice in your yard, and how well they’ll survive given the amount of sunlight they’ll receive.
- Future plant growth: Needless to say, your plants are going to grow taller and wider as they age. Take care to ensure that each plant will have enough room to grow and thrive while you’re planting them. That means not planting anything too close together or planting anything near your home or other structures that could impede its growth.
- Focal points: Each backyard should have some sort of focal point that draws attention and makes your yard stand out. This can be anything from a unique sculpture to a swimming pool. Talk to your hardscape designer about finding the right focal point for your yard.
If you’re ready to start designing your new yard, be sure to give our team at Renovations by Design a call! We’re some of the top hardscape designers in Phoenix, AZ, offering all sorts of services that can totally transform the look of your outdoor space. Whether you want a small upgrade or a total overhaul, we can handle the job.
Categorised in: Hardscape Design